Monday, August 1, 2011

Greg and I inspire to be self sufficient.
We enjoy the work....somedays
But, we always love the end product!

It's funny, really because growing up, my family had a garden and I hated it. By the end of the summer it was overgrown with weeds the size of small bushes because none of us (my 2 brothers or 4 sisters) wanted to take care of it.
My little brother, Thayne told me that he and Stephen (my other brother) used to make me mad so that I'd go weed, then they wouldn't have to.
I guess I weeded when I was mad.

Now, as an adult, I find it theraputic. Planting a small seed and giving it extra care with a yummy treat throughout the growing season or the look of beautiful flowers overflowing an old antique chest gives me a sense of fulfillment and happiness.

I am starting this blog to record the ups and downs of trying to be self sufficient.
You learn as you go, so you have to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment