Monday, August 1, 2011

The first thing we ever planted

...because of my childhood growing up in the country and participating in 4-H, I like to say that I taught Greg how to garden.
I have to take my hat off to my dad, though...he taught me.

In 2003, we bought our first house and planted our first garden.
Well, sort of.
We had some potatoes in our pantry growing eyes. So we chopped the potatoes in half and threw them in the dirt. Watered and shaded them and wala..our first harvest.







Not bad for our first time, huh!?!




This next picture is what Greg looks like mowing the lawn. He has allergies, so he has to wear a mask of he'll be sick for a week.


Let's just say it's a good excuse to not have to mow the lawn.


Therefore, that job has become my job...


I don't mind though, I love to look at it when it's done.


It's one of those instant rewards for doing the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment